- assorted seashells
- white glue
- hot glue-gun (optional, with close adult supervision only)
- piece of smooth wood, masonite or heavy cardboard
- clear hobby paint, brush (optional)
- Put all seashells into a pile on a table or tray.
- Place seashells in order in one of the following ways.
large to small
dark to light colors
flat to rounded
smooth to textured
plain to decorative
- Place one of the orders of shells in a design or arrangement on wood, masonite or matte board.
- Glue into place.
- Dry overnight or longer.
- When dry, paint if desired, or cover with a coat of clear hobby paint to enhance the natural colors of the shells.
- An adult can carefully drill a small hole in each seashell with a hand drill, and the artist can string the seashells to create an ordered mobile, garland or necklace.