Flower Garden Landscape
- outdoor planting area, such as garden plot, planter box, raised flower bed
- flower seeds
- garden tools, such as rake, shovel spade, hoe
- rain and sunshine
- On a nice spring day when frost is no longer a threat, prepare a planting area outdoors. Remove weeds, grass, rocks and debris. Break soil into small pieces. Smooth and pat the soil to accept theplanting.
- Using a stick, draw out a design of where the seeds will be planted. Consider creating a pattern based on any or all of the following:
height of mature flowers
color of flowers
blooming time of flowers
size of blossoms
- When ready, plant seeds in the planned landscape design pattern.
- Care for the garden, keeping weeds out, making sure there is enough water and sunshine.
- Enjoy the flower landscape design as the flowers bloom in the planned planting pattern.
- Plant flowers to bloom in sequence, such as a circle of flowers where the center blooms first, and then concentric circles blooming out to the edges.
- Plant one type of flower in a small pot or cup. Plant as many pots as desired. When in bloom, arrange in a pattern.
- If an outdoor area is not possible, plant flowers in an indoor tub, box or tray.