Fancy Water Jars
- pouring area, such as a sink water table or plastic tub on a covered table
- large transparent containers such as liter bottles or gallon jugs
- food coloring
- measuring cups
- small jars of various sizes with lids
- glitter, metallic confetti or similar items such as sequins
- duct tape or library tape
- Fill large containers with water.
- Add food coloring to change the water in each container to a different color.
- Explore pouring colored water into measuring cups and into small jars of various sizes.
- When satisfied with exploring the pouring process, fill several small jars with a desired color of water.
- Add bits of glitter, metallic confetti or similar items such as sequins to the colored water.
- Replace lid and tighten. Seal the edge of the lid to the jar with duct tape as an extra precaution.
- Shake the jar, roll or turn it upside down to increase the movement of the jar's contents.
- Fill jars with other measurable materials such as goldfish bowl gravel, coins or paper clips.