Button Sorting Squares
- 2 types of buttons, 10 identical buttons of each type (20 total)
- white glue
- squares of colored paper, about 8 squares (approximately 5" x 5")
- large piece of paper for squares
- glitter and paint, brushes (optional)
- First place eight colorful squares of paper on the larger sheet of paper in two rows of four or some other pattern.
- Sort buttons that are identical into two piles. There will be ten buttons in each pile (two piles or two kinds of buttons).
- To make the button collage, glue one button from one pile in the first square. Glue one button from the other pile in another square.
- Next, glue two buttons from one pile in another square, and two buttons from the another pile in another square. Then three. Then four. All the squares will be filled. Dry.
- Paint around the designs and decorate with glitter.
- Sort and glue other collage items or objects, such as used holiday decorations, beads or cotton balls